In terms of your health, your lifestyle is much more dominant than your genes. It is always a perfect time to adopt new habits to improve your health. Here is a list of five healthy lifestyle changes that can have the most significant impact on your well-being, as well as a few tips for making them successful:
1. Move More
How often you are physically active is as important as how much you exercise. Therefore, don’t waste your whole morning with hours sitting in your car, on the couch, or at your desk.
Moving more can improve everything from your sense of well-being to your circulation and your stress levels. Add more movement into your daily life by breaking-up sedentary activities with physical activity. Here are some ideas to get you inspired:
- Set your alarm 10 minutes early to do morning workout.
- Swap-up your coffee break for a power walk as walking is the best exercise.
- See how many squats you can fit in before your coffee is done brewing or wait for your lunch to reheat in the plank position.
- Instead of the escalator and elevator, take the stairs as much as possible.
- Use the jungle gym for dips, lunges, push ups, and pull ups, while your children play.
2. Nourish Yourself
There’s a huge difference between being well-nourished and well-fed. By nourishing yourself with a balanced diet of whole grains, plant-based proteins, healthy polyunsaturated fats, fresh fruits and vegetables, you can improve your health and whole quality of life.
Get started by:
Eating with seasoned and stocking up on fresh-picked fruits and vegetables when their flavors and nutrient levels are at their peak. Use 10 servings of fruits and vegetables every day to meet your body’s demands for vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, and oxidants.
Adding omega-3 rich foods in your diet, including fatty fish like salmon and sardines, seaweed, chia seeds, and ground flax.